Owner Operator Insurance Athens Ga – Call or Click Today!
When you’re looking for great rates on Owner Operator Insurance in Athens Georgia, look no further than Pathway Insurance Services.
Pathway Insurance is a leading independent agency offering commercial auto insurance in all 50 states including Georgia. As an independent agency we are able to shop the market for the insurance coverage that best fits your needs.
Call us today at 800-998-0662 to talk to one of our licensed truck insurance agents, and learn about how we can help you find good, affordable truck insurance coverage.
Want to get started right away? Click on Athens Ga Owner Operator Insurance to submit your request for insurance quotes and information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Athens Ga Owner Operator Insurance – Policyholder Duties.
If and when the time comes for you to file a claim with your insurance provider, you should be aware that there are some duties expected of you as a policyholder. Over the next few articles we’d like to inform you about these duties and what they entail, so that you are prepared when the time comes. Failure to properly fulfill your role as policyholder in these situations can sometimes mean the denial of your claim, so it’s important to understand your responsibilities.
The following is an excerpt from a typical commercial auto insurance policy. Let’s take a look:
DUTIES IN THE EVENT OF A CLAIM
In the event of accident, claim, suit or loss, you must give us or our authorized representative prompt notice of the accident or loss. Include:
(1) How, when and where the accident or loss occurred;
(2) The insured’s name and address; and
(3) To the extent possible, the names and addresses of any injured persons and witnesses. If we show that Your failure to provide notice prejudices our defense, there is no liability coverage under the policy.
Additionally, you and any other involved insured must:
(1) Assume no obligation, make no payment or incur no expense without our consent, except at the insured’s own cost.
(2) Immediately send us copies of any demand, notice, summons or legal paper received concerning the claim or suit.
(3) Cooperate with us in the investigation, settlement or defense of the claim or suit.
(4) Authorize us to obtain medical records or other pertinent information.
(5) Submit to examination, at our expense, by physicians of our choice, as often as we reasonably require.
If there is loss to a covered auto or its equipment you must also do the following:
(1) Promptly notify the police if the covered auto or any of its equipment is stolen.
(2) Take all reasonable steps to protect the covered auto from further damage. Also keep a record of your expenses for consideration in the settlement of the claim.
(3) Permit us to inspect the covered auto and records proving the loss before its repair or disposition.
(4) Agree to examinations under oath at our request and give us a signed statement of your answers.
(5) Submit a sworn proof of loss when required by us.
Notice, for example, this line from above: “If we show that Your failure to provide notice prejudices our defense, there is no liability coverage under the policy.” This implies that by failing to complete your duties as a policyholder you risk your claim being denied.
Next week we’ll look at the insurance company’s responsibilities in a claim event.
Owner Operator Insurance Athens Ga – Questions? Call Today!
Have questions about your duties as a policyholder in the event of a claim? We’d be happy to answer them.
Call Pathway Insurance at 800-998-0662 to speak with one of our friendly and knowledgeable agents, or click Owner Operator Insurance Athens to request free quotes and information today.
In addition to Athens, we also provide Georgia Owner Operator Insurance in the following areas:
- Alpharetta Ga Owner Operator Insurance
- Owner Operator Insurance Marietta Ga
- Smyrna Ga Owner Operator Insurance
- Valdosta Ga Owner Operator Insurance
- Brookhaven Ga Owner Operator Insurance